Speedo Cable

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
Lynners
Pump up the volume
Current Ride: '09 K2 Fling

Speedo Cable

Post by Lynners »

My Speedo stopped working this morning on my run to work, don't have tintin to fix it for me for a few days so i'm going to have a look myself.

I have a wee honda took kit under my seat if that helps, is there anything you can suggest i can do if i nip down in my tea break?

Where do i start looking, maybe a loose cable or something? Is that a warranty thing?
pharis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: R1200RS, Z1000SX

Post by pharis »

Just a guess, I don't know if it electronic or not, but check the cable isn't rubbing against the front brake disc.
coullstar
Bull Sh!tter

Post by coullstar »

pharis wrote:Just a guess, I don't know if it electronic or not, but check the cable isn't rubbing against the front brake disc.
??

I know any of my bike have had electronic speedo's and use the front sprocket for the speed reading. Just look at the back of the clocks and follow the wire / lead back to see if there is any obvious damage.
pharis
Baw Bag
Current Ride: R1200RS, Z1000SX

Post by pharis »

coullstar wrote: ??
My Fazer had the speedo sensor on the front wheel, when I changed the brake lines for braided, I didn't tie up the cable, it lay against the brake disc,eventually wore through, and shorted out.
Lynners
Pump up the volume
Current Ride: '09 K2 Fling

Post by Lynners »

Cheers Guys, just had a wee helper round to visit and i found out my speedo cable has snapped, he's off shopping for me now. Just have to make sure i don't go past any speed cameras and try and remember how much fuel i have in as i don't have a fuel gauge.

Might just take tintins bus out instead ;)
The Rossi Kid
Make way for Noddy

Post by The Rossi Kid »

Lynners wrote:just had a wee helper round to visit
WEE!!!???

How very dare you! ;)