Race Fairings for a 2001 CBR600F

Best tyres, Suspension setup, Accessories...
smallin
Direct Access

Race Fairings for a 2001 CBR600F

Post by smallin »

Hello there,

can anyone tell me if its possible to purchase race fairings for a CBR600F 2001 (Y reg) model?

I have been told that the only race fairings available are for the F-Sport model which is slightly different as it has no center stand. Thus, if i where to purchase and fit these to my bike i'd have to modify the body panels before putting them on.

Dont really fancy doing that if i can get made to measure fairings for my own bike so I can go on some track days without worrying about wrecking my road fairings.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Zax
Derren Brown

Post by Zax »

Couple of possible options for you to think about.
Remove teh ctr stand and ( if possible ) fit race plastic.

Get on to E,bay and find a set of road rashed plastics to fit your bike , any colour and throw them on instead.
You can pick up rashed fairings cheap , I know that is what Shrek has on his ZX6R when he goes to track days.

I can't think that there would be that much of a differance between the 2 2001 CBR's WRT the bolt holes for the fairings etc if you decided to get race plastics.
speedaddictedberk
Knee Flapper
Current Ride: Speed Triple 1050, GPZ600R, K100Rt

Post by speedaddictedberk »

The centre stand is likely to be two (tight) bolts and a spring, which compared to changing all the bodywork isint much hassle at all. Why don't you remove the stand with the normal bodywork, or just dremel out the problem section of race plastic?
smallin
Direct Access

Post by smallin »

Thanks for your replies.

Removing the center stand and cutting out the problem area of the body fairing looks like the only option to me.

Was just hoping to find a company who make race fairings for my particular model for ease. I have looked on websites and phoned about with no success.

Any other ideas will still be greatly appreciated .

Thanks again.
Backs 400
Late Braker
Current Ride: Cbr 600 F4

Post by Backs 400 »

You can indeed get race fairings for them :-)

http://www.ardracing.com/hondacbr600.html

Give them a call..looking at the haynes manual the brackets etc for the FX-FY carbed version are identical to the injection version and as you know, the FX-FY also have centre stands.

However, they do your version but could easily make changes to it as they manufacture the parts there. For example, they wil cut holes for lights for a fiver.

However, I am certain the FX-FY fairing will fit your bike with no modifications.
smallin
Direct Access

Post by smallin »

Ok. Thats brilliant.

Thank you all for taking the time to post your replies.

Cheers,

smallin.